Once in our lives, every individual dream of becoming an actor. The immense popularity, luxurious life, hefty pay and love from hundreds of people are some of the perks associated with the entertainment industry. The industry has been on a constant rise and actors are enjoying more and more popularity each day. This is the reason millions of people dream of becoming an actor and struggle their entire lives for one big break. But have you ever wondered whether it is all nice and rosy or not?
Due to the huge number of people who dream of pursuing acting the competition is also fierce. It requires a lot of patience and will power to stick to one’s goals and never to give up. Due to reasons like this, it is often said that the acting profession is not for everyone.
So whenever aiming to be an actor, you should have a proper understanding of all the qualities that are required to step into the acting industry and then according to that question yourself is acting for you.
What is the sign indicating you are suited for the acting profession?
Self-Examination is necessary to know whether acting is the profession for one or not. One needs to look for signs acting is right for me or not and then decide for themselves. Some of these signs are:
- If you are always mimicking someone or imitating your friends and are quite good at it.
- You are empathetic and identify with other’s happiness, plight, and other emotions then you are the best fit for playing a character opposite to yourself.
- Are you always having the inherent desire to bring about a change through your actions? You get the opportunity to do that while being an actor.
- Having the power to inspire and engage others.
- If you are always looking for fun and are a risk taker, you know that this is what the acting profession asks for.
Given, you have identified these five signs within yourself; you also need to address the question, asking should you pursue acting or not. There are a lot of daunting things that are expected from actors. You might have the talent and qualities of an actor, but you also need to be sure of whether you are ready to withstand the amount of pressure prevalent in the industry or not.
You need to know whether you are confident of your appearance or not, are you good at facing rejection, not being sure of where your next payment will come from but being fine with it are some of the prerequisites of the entertainment industry.